I sold Paytm at a loss of....?

Before Paytm's IPO there was a lot of hype that it is the most awaited IPO plus it is the biggest IPO ever.

But the financials were not good and it is a loss-making company so with this many investors didn't show much interest.

But some investors like me were optimistic that it will do good but due to the poor response and financials the subscription percentage was less and those who applied most of them got the allotment and it opened at a discount price.

Investors had a chance to exit and book a minimal loss or hold it till it starts performing.

I took the 2nd option and kept holding it but still, it was not performing well and day by day it was falling badly.

Today morning my senses gave me a signal that I should sell this stock and book the loss.

I remember I had the Yes bank shares and there was the same situation, the stock was falling badly so at that time also my senses gave me a signal so I sold the stock at a minimal loss and my colleagues were still holding that stock and was bearing the losses.

Today I sold Paytm at Rs 1165 and booked a loss of Rs 5910.
The remaining principal amount I will invest in an Index fund.

Lastly, I understood the meaning of "Naam bade aur Darshan chote".

See y'all in the next blog, Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to increase chances of IPO allotment?

How to find posts you've liked on Instagram?